Our USAIGC/IAIGC Competitive Program
Restructured in 2001
The USAIGC took a different Competitive path, a more challenging path for our gymnasts and coaches.
We eliminated Compulsory Routines and put into place an Optional Only College Bound Competitive Program modeled after the NCAA Collegiate Gymnastic Program. We built our Competitive Program on long-term skill development with the intentional slowing down of our gymnasts' learning curve providing the necessary time to develop and perfect gymnastic skills in a logical, progressive and safe manner. We capped training hours for each competitive level. The USAIGC does not believe in the 20+hour workweek. Over-training is the number one reason gymnasts leave our sport. We want our Competitive Program to provide our gymnasts with ample time for school responsibilities, family activities and time for an outside life with friends. Life is about experiences and the USAIGC/IAIGC provide a positive well-balanced competitive experience for its gymnasts. Our Competitive Program provides an environment that fosters and nurtures the attributes of a sound mind, sound body leading to successful healthy and well-rounded athletes.
Our new direction will develop gymnasts that are a head above their peers and allow them to develop into strong, intelligent young ladies, goal oriented, success driven, disciplined, with excellent time management skills while learning life's most important skill: success and failure. It is the process of becoming a gymnast that develops these outstanding qualities, not scores, not placements nor competitive levels.
The USAIGC/IAIGC gymnasts will be prepared for tomorrow's world, making them tomorrow’s leaders!
Competitive “Options” help prevent gymnasts "frustration" of being stuck in a competitive level by allowing them to compete on up to 2 events on their next level up.
- The Gymnasts skill level determines the competitive level they start their competition on.
- Mobility between our competitive levels is decided by the gymnasts Coach based on the gymnasts' mastery of skills
and not a score.
- Mobility between levels does not have to be in progressive order.
- Our Gymnasts' may compete on two consecutive competitive levels as an All-Around Gymnast and/or Individual
- The USAIGC/IAIGC gymnasts can compete on Four Competitive Platforms: All Around, Individual Event Specialist,
Team and our Club High School* Competition for *High School students only.
-The USAIGC created the IAIGC becuse of the number of International Countries joining with us.
We now have 9 Countries following the same rules in our International Gymnastic Program.
-Our Competitive Rules are developed by our entire membership every two years.
The USAIGC Hosts:
- Local,, State, Regional and our International World Championship. USAIGC can currently compete in 3 other Internationa
IAIGC Programs: Bermuda, South Africa & the UK
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF OUR COMPETITIVE PROGRAM!